Art Deco Commercial Building
2401-2413 W Devon Ave. Chicago, IL 60659
Built in 1933, this building at the corner of Devon and Western is another example of a modest Art Deco/Moderne commercial building. Although much of the building has been altered or covered in signage, influences from the style are still apparent. Above the angled corner, the roof projection still has its stepped towers, the middle of the three being fluted. Other notable features of the building include the fluted crest along the edge of the parapet and the aluminum band.
The building was also once a commercial anchor for the busy intersection. A Jewish restaurant, Nathan’s Delicatessen, occupied the corner and the F.W. Woolworth Co. occupied much of the frontage along Devon during the 1950s.
Source: Jennifer Harrman
Photo credit: Chicago History Museum